Guava Benefits: Guava is available a lot in the winter season. It is a winter fruit. By eating it, the body gets rid of many problems. Guava is such a fruit that its taste remains slightly sour-slightly sweet. It contains plenty of nutrients.
Guavas are cold in nature and are astringent, sweet and sour in taste. Along with this, they balance the 3 doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Constipation is cured by eating guava on an empty stomach in the morning. Guava is a great fruit to improve digestion. If guava is eaten on an empty stomach in the morning, then it does not cause hunger for a long time. Also you avoid overeating. This keeps the weight under control, it also helps in reducing weight.
Guava contains protein, fat, carbohydrate and phosphorous. In addition, it is also a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C. Guavas contain both carotenoids and polyphenols which make them best for skin and hair with anti-aging and anti-cancer properties.
guava fruit leaves
Guava fruit, leaves and bark are all used as medicine. It provides relief from acidity, period cramps, mouth ulcers, migraine headache. Apart from this, this fruit is excellent for diabetes, cholesterol, joint pain, nutritional deficiency, fever and weight loss.
benefits of decoction
- Gargling with this decoction ends mouth ulcers. With this, bleeding gums stops and it helps in maintaining the health of the mouth.
- Washing your hair with this decoction helps in preventing hair fall. Along with this, healthy hair growth is promoted.
- Guava leaf paste: A paste of fresh guava leaves helps in relieving inflammation, fever, headache and joint pain.
- Eat guava as a fruit: 1-2 guava can be eaten in a day according to your appetite.
benefits of eating guava
- It makes your weight loss journey easy. It reduces your cravings and helps to keep your stomach full.
- Along with your heart, it also helps in controlling the sugar level. It is a cardio protector.
- It is good for eyes, improves eyesight as it is rich in Vitamin A.
- Being rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, it helps in improving the skin and hair.
- From period cramps to migraines, guava works for them all.
How to use Guava
decoction of guava leaves
You can make a decoction for menstrual cramps, acidity, diabetes and to keep hair healthy. To make it, boil 7 to 10 leaves in 4 cups of water. Then boil it till it reduces to half. Then drink it on an empty stomach 1-2 times a day. Guava is cold, so it should be eaten in the afternoon. Apart from this, eating it late in the evening, early in the morning or at night should be avoided.